Sunday, March 1, 2015

Heart Rate Project




                
For this project our class completed a large variety of different activities. Some activities were very simple and did not require much movement or activity, while others required a lot of energy and movement.  After most of the activities I felt relatively normal, while during a few of activities that required a bit more participation than normal I would begin to feel warmed up or even sweaty or tired. I think that the heart rate readings are accurate but the steps are not. On the activities that I felt normal after, my heart rates are consistent and on the lower side. The activities that I was more active in, my heart rates were higher. This relationship is what I would expect. The steps were much more sporadic, and I believe it was due to our technology. My first activity which was track and field warm ups, and I only counted 30 steps. On the last day, I got nearly 800 steps in both activities. Both of these days I was wearing different pedometers and in different places. The technology used to keep measure of our steps was just too inconsistent and unreliable for me to consider it accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment